Jon Gerych, owner of Gerych’s Flowers and Events is known for creating magical events. One of the foremost wedding experts in the area, Jon has a talent for turning an ordinary place into an extraordinary experience through flowers, design and decor. We recently caught up with Jon to get to know him a little better.
- What is your local Neighborhood SEEN? Fenton
- One word to describe the event / production industry? Fantastic!
- Where do you find inspiration? In everything I see.
- Are you currently reading anything? Or favorite/most inspiring book? Dick and Jane
- Designing your event 101- what is the best way to incorporate floral into a wedding or event? Floral becomes the final touch in any event whether it is on the tabletop, at the entrance or a ceiling/wall treatment.
- Easiest décor or plants for a DIY party? Succulents or Herbs
- Your Favorite plant? Bonsai Plants
- Your Favorite Flower? Ranunculus
- Besides roses – what type of flower would you suggest to give for Valentines Day? French tulips in white, red or pink
- Your Favorite color? orange
- Your Favorite Season? Fall
- Why? Because of all the texture and color hues….
- Most elaborate wedding venue you’ve ever worked on? The Breakers in Palm Beach, FL
- Most unique wedding venue you’ve ever worked on? The Russell Warehouse in Detroit, MI (read about this event here)
- Favorite place to relax? What’s that? I never relax, but when I do it is in the Greenhouse.
- Your go to spot for dinner (or any meal) in your local neighborhood? The Laundry
- Favorite spot for food in metro Detroit? Wright & Company
- If you had a free plane ticket – where would you go? Paris
- What has been your greatest achievement? Life & Family
- Favorite quote? “Never say never!”
For more information about Jon and his business, Gerych’s Flowers and Events, head to http://www.gerychsflowers.com/ or call: Fenton • (810) 629-5995 Birmingham • (248) 723-5650
713 W. Silver Lake Road, Fenton, MI 48430